Thursday, February 27, 2014

The End!

Well, it might look odd to see "The End" at the beginning, but with this new blog, I will be telling the tale of how my funeral shroud is being created. I will also write about how I came to be interested in death and dying, a topic that my generation, "the baby boomers," is beginning to talk about more openly. 
I am blessed to know a wonderful artist in my hometown of Mebane, North Carolina, and she graciously consented to design and make my funeral shroud.
I am very interested in green burial, and am hoping that a green cemetery will be created at my church in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.  This is sort of like the ULTIMATE in recycling...to be returned to the earth without embalming, without a vault, and simply wrapped in an eco-friendly shroud like the one being designed by my artist friend, Pat Scheible.

No comments:

Post a Comment